Monday, March 30, 2009

Local Home Brew Shop > Home Depot

I hate going to Home Depot, I really do. I've never once left there with everything I wanted, and I bet I've spent five minutes in the store for every dollar I've spent, which is really a pretty awful ratio.

I went there to try and build a wort chiller, only to find out they lacked some of the fittings I needed (in hindsight, though, I could have gotten away with a hose clamp if only I had found directions to do so online).

So when I couldn't find a braided hose at a hardware store the size of five football fields I said screw it and went to buy supplies at the LHBS. They sold me this, which I was happy to buy from someone who actually was interesting is selling me something:



I then drilled a hole in this cooler:


With this bit:


And bam(!):

No comments:

Post a Comment